SUPERABRASIVE Quick Change Lavina
- Choose between one or two segments (buttons or bars) depending on the machine weight – use one-seg tools with grinders under 25″, and two-seg tools with grinders over 25″.
- Fewer segments cut faster, whereas more segments create more surface contact and allow for surface refinement with less scratches.
- Grinders with 13″ heads should be loaded with 18 tools, i.e. 6 pcs/head.
- Grit range: 14, 30, 50, 70, 120. To expose medium to large aggregate, you can start with 30 grit metals. For small to medium aggregate start with 70 grit metals. For salt and pepper – 120 grit metals.
- For best results during grinding and polishing, we recommend an overlap of about 1/3 of each pass on the floor.
DIAMOND GLAZING & PREMATURE WEAR
- Soft concrete is very abrasive and will wear out your diamonds faster. You should use a harder bond, so it can last longer.
- Hard concrete requires a soft bond tool to avoid diamond glazing, where tools just slide on the concrete surface (not enough abrasion to keep the diamonds open). In this case, switch to a softer bond tool, or try adding water or an abrasive such as sand to open the diamonds.